Following the Prime ministers statement last night regarding Covid-19, Jo and I have taken the decision; that whilst we are still open we will be running a reduced service.
We are still available for the emergency treatment of your pets and to meet their healthcare needs but we will not be performing routine procedures, non emergency consultations and will be implementing remote/telemedicine consultations (where practicable).
To ensure continuity of service, whilst also observing our social distancing obligations (to you and our team) we will be running with decreased staffing levels for the next few weeks and temporarily changing our opening hours.
When attending the practice:
- Please do not attend the practice if you or a family member is displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or have recently returned from an affected country.
- Only one person should attend the surgery for your pets appointment (apart from in exceptional circumstances).
- Please wait in your car/in the car park (distanced from other clients) after you have let us know you are on site. You may phone from your car to let us know you have arrived.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided.
- When you call for an appointment, we will take a history from you over the phone or in the car park and then bring your pet into the practice whilst you wait.
- We have cancelled and are cancelling our routine appointments for the time being. This includes nail clips, adolescent assessments and weight clinics.
- Avoid paying by cash wherever possible, there are talks underway to increase the contactless limit to £45 and as such wherever possible this payment method is preferred.
- Repeat prescriptions can be posted for a small additional charge or alternatively we are currently working out the logistics of a no contact delivery service for medicines and diets. Payment for all medicines and diets can be made over the phone before delivery.
- If you would like to collect your medicines/diets from the practice, please give us a call and we will arrange a mutually convenient time for a no/ minimal contact collection.
We thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding during these unprecedented circumstances and would like to reiterate that we are doing everything within our means to ensure our continuity of service and care whilst respecting social distancing and lockdown.
Thank you for your understanding and if you have any queries about your pet or your visit please give us a call on 01235 831800.