Covid-19 (last updated 9/1/2021)
In light of the recent national lockdown Jo and I have taken the decision that we will be temporarily reducing the opening hours of The Brook Veterinary Surgery.
As of 11th January 2021 we will be open from 9.00am – 6.00pm daily. We will be splitting the teams into 2 so that we can decrease the amount of staff on site at any one time.
Please rest assured that we will still be at the Surgery to look after you and your pets and will continue to provide our own 24 hour emergency service during this period.
We continue to offer a range of services for our patients, while still adhering to COVID-19 social distancing rules. We will be providing the same high-quality service, with the same friendly, caring people; just delivered in a slightly different way.
We are working to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and therefore lead times for appointments maybe a little longer than usual. For some routine procedures, there may also be a waiting list in operation. Please bear with us at this time; we will do our best to make your appointment as smooth as possible.
Guidance for attending the practice.
When you book an appointment, we will confirm the arrangement for when you arrive and will advise on how we’re maintaining social distancing. This will include measures such as:
- Remaining 2m apart.
- Advising that clients wear face coverings where possible.
- Screens have been positioned on our reception desk and our teams will be wearing masks and visors
- Please do not attend the practice if you or a family member is displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or have recently returned from an affected country.
- Only one person should attend the surgery for your pets appointment (apart from in exceptional circumstances).
- Use the hand sanitiser on entry and exit.
- Avoid paying by cash wherever possible. Card payments are preferable and we can also send remote link payments.
- Repeat prescriptions can be posted for a small additional charge. Payment for all medicines and diets can be made over the phone before delivery or via remote link
We have made these changes as the health and wellbeing of our patients, clients, and staff is our number one priority.
Thank you for your continued understanding during this time. We remain committed to delivering the best care for your pet and if you have any questions please get in touch.