- You may obtain relevant veterinary medicinal products from your veterinary surgeon or ask for a prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon, pharmacy or dispensing service of your choice. There is a fee for the writing of a prescription.
- Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe relevant veterinary medicinal products only following a clinical assessment of an animal under his or her care.
- A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or requires immediate treatment.
- You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medicine that may be prescribed for your animal.
- The general policy of this practice is to reassess an animal requiring repeat prescriptions for, or supplies of, relevant veterinary medicinal products every six months, but this may vary in individual circumstances.
Further information on the prices of medicines is available on request.
Fill out an online repeat prescription form here.